Tuesday, May 1, 2012

May day

DIY shorts, grey tights and ballet flats - h&m, singlet - amy, bag - target, bandanna - old canteen one (disclaimer: it was not very hot but this photo was taken after a 45min bike ride so I took off my shirt and cardigan to cool down, it only took about 5min for me to put everything back on again)

This morning my boyfriend and I cycled to the Alster to take advantage of the very good weather and that it is May day so it is a public holiday. I have lived in Hamburg for over 2 months now and today was the first time I had seen it. We hired some StadtRAD bicycles (they are all over the city and cost about 6Euros for per hour, tip to tourists) ,rode out to the Alster and then walked to the city and back before riding home. I have not been on a bike since last winter in Perth and found out 2 things, don't wear slip on shoes with tights because they will fall off while you ride and that the bicycles are not made for 5"2 women so you will end up very saw at the end of 3hrs of riding on uneven surfaces, but I am definitely going to do it again.




A bridge on the way to the Alster. painted fish grafiti.

looking towards the city


shirt - h&m, sunglasses - amy
the inner Alster

No comments:

Post a Comment